Octopus Network research
Octopus Network is a multichain network designed to serve application-specific blockchains, also known as Appchains. It provides flexible and affordable leased security, out-of-the-box cross-chain interoperability, one-stop infrastructure, and a ready-to-be-engaged community for the appchains.
Octopus Network is a decentralized appchain network natively built on NEAR Protocol. It provides out-of-the-box security, interoperability, and on-chain governance to projects looking to create a specific chain for their open web application. The company’s crypto network can adjust and optimize all parameters of a blockchain that includes consensus protocol, execution environment, P2P communication, data K/V storage, runtime and wallet interaction, and the application logic that can be customized.
Octopus Network offers a range of solutions aimed at facilitating the development and launch of decentralized applications:
- Security: Appchains in the Octopus Network can scale their security with demand using LPoS (Leased Proof-of-Stake), decreasing both the time and capital required to launch.
- Interoperability: Octopus Network Appchains are interoperable out-of-the-box with Cosmos, NEAR, Ethereum, Polkadot, and any adaptive IBC enabled blockchain.
- Infrastructure: The Octopus Network provides a complete infrastructure set for Appchains including RPC Gateway, Appchain Explorer, Appchain Indexer, and Appchain Archiver.
- Community: The Octopus Network acts as a meta-community for hatching Appchain-native communities within the Octous Network and NEAR Protocol Ecosystems.
Team, Investors, and Advisors
The founding team includes:
- Louis Liu (Founder)
- Julian Sun (Co-Founder)
- Aaron Ting (Head of Marketing)
- Vivi Lin (Partner & Head of Media)
- Sheldon Dearr (Technical Advisor)
- Abdelilah (Marketing Support)
- Irakli (Marketing Support)
Octopus Network has raised a total of $8M in funding over 2 rounds. Their latest funding was raised on Aug 31, 2021 from a Series A round. Octopus Network is funded by 39 investors. NetZero Capital and K300 Ventures are the most recent investors.
K300 Ventures has instituted, upheld, and rigorously executed comprehensive internal protocols and methodologies crafted to detect and proficiently oversee conflicts of interest pertaining to its investment undertakings. The contents herewith are furnished solely for the purpose of conveying information and must not be regarded as a substitute for legal, commercial, investment, or taxation counsel. Additionally, any allusions to securities or digital assets are purely elucidative in nature and do not qualify as an endorsement for investment or a proposition to furnish investment advisory amenities.